Gone are the days when SEO was as simple as cramming your pages with relevant keywords or tricking the system with link farms and article spinning.
In the present day, Google is far more intelligent. Cheating your way to page 1 simply won’t work, and if it does, trust me, it won’t be long until you are penalised for it.
The way to dominate Google is through CONTENT, CONTENT, CONENT…content is king.
You need to be providing brides and grooms to be with information they want and that is easy to find.
Here’s some tips on how to achieve this:
- Make sure your blogs focus on topics that will appeal to couples. In order to this, you will need to do some research into what it is they’re searching for. If you need some inspiration, take a look at wedding blogs, and Facebook groups, or just go ahead and ask them 🙂
- Wedding industry blog posts that are Search Engine Optimised:
- Will be shared on social media channels.
- Will earn natural backlinks.
- Will be referenced in forums.
- Will entice and gain wedding leads.
- Identify what wedding blog posts rank and why. What keywords are used in those posts?
- Write engaging titles that incorporate those keywords. However, don’t forget, you’re writing to brides and grooms, not Google.
- Search Engine Optimize all images you use with metatags and descriptions that focus on those keywords.
- Create unique images to feature in your articles. Articles that include images get greater interactions and website hits.
- SHARE.SHARE.SHARE Share it with your email database, as well as on your social media sites. Make sure you send the link to couples and other wedding business professionals featured in your blog.
Evidently, there is a lot of work that goes into getting your wedding blog found on search engines, but don’t you agree that it’s one of the best ways to attract more couples and get more sales?