Oct 29 2015
The team at Dream Weddings, South Wales has come up with a beauty schedule for you to follow in the lead up to your big day.
6 months Before Your Wedding Day
- Begin a beauty inspiration Pinterest board.
- If you’re going to experiment with hair colour, now’s the best time to do it.
- Establish a skin routine. The team at Dream Weddings South Wales advise that you consult a dermatologist or skin expert to start incorporating a regular regime (think masks, facials, microdermabrasion, etc.).
- Start researching into which salons or local artists offer wedding hair/makeup. You also need to have a think about whether you’d like to go to a salon or would prefer to have an on-site beauty team.
3 Months Before
- If you are planning on having a fake tan for the big day, make sure you test it first!
- Start a DIY teeth whitening regime.
- Book wedding hair and makeup trials.
1 Month Before
- If you are opting for self-tan, ensure you start applying it now to build up a good base colour.
- Pamper your skin from the inside out. Consume many superfoods and get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water.
2 Weeks Before
- Pass on directions to your beauty team.
- Schedule your manicure/pedicure and/or spa treatment.
The Week Before
- Treat yourself to a deep-conditioning treatment for beautiful shiny hair.
- Have your last waxing appointment now to avoid any irritation before the wedding.
1-2 Days Before
- Wash your hair for the last time before your wedding. Day old hair typically holds style better than freshly washed hair.
The Wedding Day (!!)
- Shower three hours before your beauty appointment (make sure you wear a shower cap to protect your hair)
- Enjoy your hair and makeup appointments!
- Take your touch-up essentials (think lip gloss, liner, powder) with you before the ceremony.
- Spray yourself with your favourite perfume.
For half up, half down hair style inspiration click here